Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stupid pneumonia

So today I learned that should my bout of pneumonia not clear up, I won't be getting on the plane on Tuesday. Which blows. I know my health is more important and lord knows I don't want to end up using the health care system there, but still. I was looking forward to California so much.

Frick. Why did I get pneumonia now? Why couldn't this just be a bad cold? Ah well. My chest x-ray comes back tomorrow so I'll see how bad it is then. In the meantime I'll just keep drinking lots of water and tea. I have the medication the doctor filling in for my doctor gave me too. (Yeesh, what a time for my doctor to be on vacation.) But the doctor I saw was really nice. She was listening to my breathing and then went "I think you have pneumonia." To which I replied with, "Um, what?"

I was expecting something, but not that. I figured it was something a little worse, given that Buckley's had stopped working for my cough.

I hate pneumonia. It's potentially killing my trip and worse, now that I've had it once, I'm apparently more susceptible to getting it in the future. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment