Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I've noticed that when I'm really stressed out, or when I feel like my life is falling to pieces, I get a strong urge to drop everything and travel. It's more about getting away than really wanting to see a place, and I'm pretty sure that this counts as running away rather than wanting to deal with my problems. It's how I've always been.

When I began to study journalism, I think that's what I wanted out of it; to be able to travel while reporting on what was happening. And now, having a boyfriend and slowly gaining stability in my life has been a good thing (though you would never guess it from my previous post). I still have the urge to travel and get away, but it's nice to know that when i return home, there are people here who love me.

I suppose that much of the idealism I had going into journalism has been replaced with cynicism. Journalism, like everything else, is far from perfect.

This post makes absolutely no sense, and I apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment